Basel Aero is a group of airports in Krasnodar Krai. The group consists of airports in Krasnodar, Sochi, Anapa, Gelendzhik and Eysk.
Krasnodar, Sochi and Anapa are international airports servicing more than 60 lines from more than 23 countries.
The purpose of our guide in English language is to make your trip easy and comfortable.
Once leaving the board, follow the arrival signs to pass passport control, baggage claim and customs. The whole procedure takes about 40 minutes; nevertheless, while it is a period of peak load, it can take some more time.
Please, prepare your passport and other documents in good time before passing the procedure of passport control.
Collecting your luggage, please check your baggage label number and the number of label attached to your luggage — it is necessary to do this in order to avoid any mistakes. If necessary, you can use special cart to transport your luggage.
While passing customs control the passengers declaring goods shall use «red» channel, the passengers without goods for declaration shall use the «green» channel.
The international airport of Krasnodar is situated in 12 km from the center of the city in its eastern outskirts. There is a federal highway M4 «Don» in 2-3 km from the airport.
You can find the offices of main car rental companies in the arrival lounge.
By public transport
Transit to the airport from railway station Krasnodar-1 by trolleybus No. 7 (1 hour on the way) or by route taxi minibus No. 53, No. 15 (40 minutes on the way). Transit to the center of the city by bus No. 1, 1А (Krasnaya Str., Severnaya Str., bus and railway station Krasnodar-2, «Aurora» cinema).
The airport offers its official taxi «Kuban Express». The taxi offers maximum comfort, reliability and safety, moderate fixed prices. Working 24/7. The price for transit to the center of the city — about 500 rubles. Contact telephone No.: +7 (861) 211-88-55.
The international airport of Sochi is situated in 30 km from the center of Sochi in Adler township (the part of Big Sochi).
You can find the offices of main car rental companies in the arrival lounge.
By public transport
The bus and route taxi minibus No. 105 and 124 run between Sochi and Adler stations, townships and villages along resort highway. There are local buses and route taxi minibuses No. 51, 130 and 131 going from Adler.
Bus №. 51: Airport — Adler trade center (market)
Bus №. 124: Airport — Sochi (railway station)
Bus №. 130: Adler — Airport — Trout farm (Moldovka village)
Bus №. 131: Adler — Airport — Golitsino village
Bus №. 131: Adler — Airport — Lipniki village
Bus №. 135: Airport — Krasnaya Polyana village
The airport offers its official taxi «Horoshee». The taxi offers maximum comfort, reliability and safety, moderate fixed prices. Working 24/7. Contact telephone No.: +7 (8622) 35-81-00.
The airport it situated in 4 km to the East from Vityazevo village in 2 km from federal highway M-25.
By public transport
In the summertime the route taxi minibus No. 3 runs from the airport to Anapa bus station with a period of approximately 1 hour.
There is also a summer bus route «Airport-Anapa-Gelendzhik». While winter period the route taxi No. 3 makes 1 transit per day (to the time of the flight from Moscow and back)
The airport offers its official taxi «Kuban Express». The taxi offers maximum comfort, reliability and safety, moderate fixed prices. Working 24/7. Contact telephone No.: +7 (86133) 9-87-79.
Please pay attention, that there are some rules applied in airports of Russia which have to be followed while luggage transportation.
Any passenger can carry the luggage for free if not exceeding the limits of the carrier.
Measurements of each baggage place shall not exceed 50×50×100 cm. Maximum weight of each baggage place shall not exceed 30 kg.
The weight of each unregistered baggage place (hand-luggage), carried in the cabin shall not exceed 5 kg with maximum measurements not exceeding 45×35×15 cm.
Valuables, money and documents shall be personally carried by the passenger. The said items are not allowed to be parked in the baggage.
If weight and measurements of your luggage shall exceed the limits for free transportation, such luggage should be reserved in good time. If you fail to do that, your over-normative luggage shall be carried only upon technical availability.
Fragile and easy breaking items which need special precautions while handling and transportation (small-sized portable players, computers, radio receivers, TV sets, crystal items and etc) can be transported by the passenger in the cabin upon consent of the carrier.
The passenger can carry the following items for free plus to the set normative luggage allowed for transportation:
- Overcoat, raincoat or rug,
- Umbrella or walking cane,
- Lady’s handbag, document folder,
- Food for the child,
- Children traveling craddle,
- Wheelchair for the disabled passenger,
- Periodicals and printed issues for reading while flight.
The standards of baggage free transportation shall not cover:
- Items which measurements exceed 50×50×100 cm,
- Items which weight exceeds 30 kg per each baggage place,
- TV sets, players, office equipment (computers, printing and copying machines and etc), items of audio-, video- and other kinds of consumer electronics which weight is more than 10 kg per each baggage place,
- Live animals and birds except guide-dogs accompanying blind passengers,
- Flowers, seedling plants, culinary plants, dried plants, tree or bush branches with total weight exceeding 5 kg.
- Transportation of the said items shall be paid according to the actual weight not depending on the total quantity of the passenger luggage.
Please pay attention, that there are some rules applied in airports of Russia which have to be followed while using the air means of transport.
According to the rules of holding pre-flights and post-flight inspection the following dangerous substances and items are forbidden for transportation:
- Magnetized substances
- Explosive substances and weapons
- Poisonous and toxic substances
- Highly inflammable liquids
- Inflammable solid substances
- Radioactive materials
- Compressed and liquefied gases
- Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- Toxic substances
- Caustic and rusting substances
Liquids in containers with volume exceeding 100 ml shall not be accepted for transportation, even if filled partially, exclusive medicine, food for children and special dietary needs.
Liquids purchased in duty free shops of airport or aboard shall be safely packed into sealed plastic bag providing identification of the bag contents during the flight and which shall reliably confirm that this purchase has been done in the shops of the airport or aboard on the date of the flight.
You can either have a hearty meal or a quick snack in Basel Aero airports, you can buy exclusive gifts for friends and your nearest or small souvenirs, you can always find latest printed issues. There are many shops, cafes and bars in our airport, which can be found in a free zone before passing safety control and in a clear zone as well.
You surely should visit our duty free shops where you can find tax free perfumes, cosmetics, designers’ accessory and jewelry, elite vines and more.
Check-in and baggage registration of leaving passengers starts in 3 hours before departure for international flights. International flights check-in ends in 1 hour before the aircraft departure.
You can check the flight number on information screens in departure lounge. After the boarding started you can see the appropriate number of the flight. As a rule, the boarding starts in 45 minutes before the departure.
|Menu line from the left to the right:
Key to flight status
Отправлен: Departed. The aircraft is on the way, the estimated time of arrival showing.
По расписанию: Scheduled. Departure time according to the schedule
The Border Service of the Russian Federation sets the Border Crossing Regulations, major provisions of which are as follows:
Individuals, vehicles, cargo, goods and animals are permitted to cross the State Border at specifically designated points, which implies recognition of validity of the State Border crossing by the individuals and vehicles arriving in the Russian Federation, including inbound goods or animals, and permission to cross the State Border of the Russian Federation by outbound individuals and vehicles, as well as goods and animals.
Individuals, vehicles, cargo, goods and animals may be permitted to cross the State Border if they have valid documents for the entry (exit) to (from) the Russian Federation, including documents for the said vehicles, goods and animals.
Foreign nationals and stateless persons are not allowed to cross the State Border of the Russian Federation if they are prohibited to enter this country by applicable laws of the Russian Federation. The same provision shall apply to other individuals who are not allowed to leave the Russian Federation pursuant to procedures established in accordance with applicable laws of the Russian Federation (as in Federal Law No.148-FZ, dated November 29, 1996).
The Russian Federation and neighboring states may agree upon simplified cross-border procedures for their citizens, as regards the list of documents for the entry (exit) to (from) the Russian Federation.
Admission of individuals, vehicles, cargo, goods and animals across the State Border implies border control (verification of the basis for permission to cross the State Border by individuals, vehicles, cargo, goods and animals, and inspection of vehicles, cargo and goods to detect and detain the transgressors, as well as cargo, goods and animals prohibited to enter (leave) the Russian Federation by applicable laws of this country), and, whenever necessary, customs, immigration, quarantine-and-sanitary, veterinary, phytosanitary, transport and other types of control (as in Federal Law No.
Official website of the Border Service of the Russian Federation ps.fsb.ru
All goods moved across the customs border of the Russian Federation are subject to customs clearance and control.
Customs clearance and control of goods carried by individuals across the border of the Russian Federation involve the Red and the Greencorridors. Corridors shall have proper marking in Russian and in English: «Товаров, подлежащих обязательному письменному декларированию, нет» and «Nothing to Declare» for the Green corridor, and «Товары, подлежащие обязательному письменному декларированию» and «Goods to Declare» for the Red corridor.
Passengers who have nothing to declare, or carry exclusively goods exempt from customs duties and taxes (i.e. exempt from export/import restrictions and bans) should take the Green corridor. Passengers who carry goods subject to mandatory declaration (i.e. subject to customs duties, cost and quantity restrictions, etc.) should take the Red corridor.
Customs Control Procedures
Passengers may take the Green Corridor without filling in any customs declaration:
Individuals may bring in their accompanied luggage, without any declaration, customs duties and taxes:
items and goods free of any import bans and/or restrictions;
imported goods for personal use;
goods (excepting, however, vehicles) with total value not exceeding RUR 65,000 and weighing up to 35 kg;
cash assets (foreign exchange and RUR, foreign and domestic securities in physical certificated form, and travelers checks) to a sum total equivalent to USD 10,000 at the exchange rate of the Central Bank of the Russian Federation on the date of the State Border crossing;
2 l of alcoholic beverages (for individuals aged 21+), up to 250 g sturgeon roe in the original packing and tobacco products (for individuals aged 18+) up to: cigars—50 ea, cigarillos—100 ea, cigarettes—200 ea, tobacco—0.25 kg;
for tobacco products of one type only, permissible import amounts are as follows: cigars—100 ea, cigarillos—200 ea, cigarettes—400 ea, and tobacco—0.5 kg (imports/exports of these goods are subject to restrictions imposed by applicable laws of the Russian Federation).
Assets on plastic cards require no declaration, regardless of whether the passenger is a resident or otherwise. Imports of the assets on plastic cards are subject to no restrictions.
Passengers shall take the Red Corridor and fill in the customs declaration (in 2 copies), if their hand baggage contains:
- Goods subject to the uniform duty rates:
- for goods with aggregate value exceeding RUR 65,000 and/or total weight in excess of 35 kg (however, no more than RUR 650,000 and 200 kg). Any excess amounts or values are subject to the uniform duty rates and taxation at the rate of 30% of customs value of the said goods, however not exceeding EUR 4 per 1 kg;
- Goods subject to duty rates and taxation in accordance with general terms and procedures of tariff regulation and taxation, envisaged for participants of foreign economic activities:
- the aggregate value of imported commodities and goods for personal use is over RUR 650,000 and/or total weight in excess of 200 kg;
- alcoholic beverages imported in the amounts 5 times over the existing restrictions are subject to customs duties and taxes applicable to excess amounts (uniform duty rates shall apply to amounts less than 5 times over the existing restrictions);
- for goods imported by an individual who crosses the customs border of the Russian Federation at least twice a month.
- Imported goods subject to permits from the relevant authorities of the Russian Federation;
- Foods subject to mandatory declaration;
- Cash foreign exchange, Russian rubles (RUR), travelers checks, foreign and domestic securities to a sum total exceeding the equivalent of USD 10,000. Please note, these valuables are subject to no quantitative restrictions, if imported by individuals;
- If you intend to take out foreign exchange, currency valuables and other goods imported to Russia on your return flight.
Foreign individuals may import goods (excepting, however, vehicles) for personal use in the Russian Federation during their stay in this country on a temporary basis, free of customs duties and taxes. To this effect, foreign individuals shall declare the said goods, take the Red Corridor and present the filled out declaration on their return trip. If the said goods are not removed from the customs territory of the Russian Federation upon the expiry of the established term, they shall be subject to customs duties and taxes in accordance with Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation No. 718, dated 29.11.2003.
Individuals recognized as refugees or forced migrants, or foreigners immigrating to the Russian Federation for permanent residence in accordance with established procedures, are allowed to import goods (excepting, however, vehicles), previously used and purchased prior to their arrival in the Russian Federation, exempt of any customs duties and taxes.
Important: lost customs declarations are subject to no redemption and no official copies thereof shall be issued.
Short List of Goods Permissible for Import into the Russian Federation Subject to Prior Approval of Relevant Authorities
(type of goods, permits and the issuing authorities in Russia)
- Firearms and ammunition: Import Permit issued by the bodies of internal affairs.
- Electronic devices (cordless telephones, radio stations, satellite communication systems, etc. (excepting, however, pack radio sets (cordless telephones) of federal and regional cellular networks, imported in the Russian Federation on a temporary basis): permit of GosSviazNadzor with the Ministry of Communications of the Russian Federation.
- Sturgeon roe in amounts exceeding 250 g (original packing): License of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation.
- All sturgeons and products made of them: License of the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation.
Goods Subject to Mandatory Declaration
- Mandatory declaration in writing applies to:
- Russian rubles (RUR) and foreign exchange;
- securities (instruments of payment, travelers checks):
- precious metals in any form and state, unless brought with the purpose of temporary import/export of personal jewelry and other household goods;
- gems (diamonds, rubies, emeralds, sapphires, alexandrites, natural pearls), unless brought with the purpose of temporary import/export of personal jewelry and other household goods;
- weapons, ammunition, explosives;
- narcotic substances, psychotropic substances and their analogues;
- items of artistic and cultural value (pictures, sculptures, icons, ancient coins, orders, medals, stamps, etc.);
- toxic and poisonous substances, including superpotent drugs (sleep-inducing medicine, painkillers, etc.);
- radioactive materials;
- endangered species of wildlife, parts thereof and/or product made of them;
- technical devices comprising of one or several radio transmitters or receivers, or combination thereof and auxiliary equipment (radio stations for radio navigation and radio positioning systems, cable TV systems and other devices operating within radio spectrum over 9 kHz);
- printed media, cinema-, photo- and video materials representing official and/or state secrets, popularizing fascism, inciting racial, national and religious hatred, or of pornographic nature;
- goods subject to quantitative (weight) or cost restrictions imposed by applicable laws of the Russian Federation, transported across the customs border without payment of customs duties, in a simplified, privileged mode, which are not designated for production or commercial activities—in the event of breach of the said restrictions;
- goods designated for production and other commercial activities;
- goods transported in unaccompanied (shipped separately) baggage;
- exported chemicals, which may be used as components of chemical weapons;
- products of a military nature;
- all and any materials and stock, which may be used in production of weapons of mass destruction, its delivery vehicles, and production of any other weapons.
Note: A Customs Declaration shall be filled in by each individual aged 16+. Goods of individuals aged under 16 shall be declared by the accompanying parent, adoptive parent, foster parent or guardian, and for organized exit/entry and return trip of a group of underage individuals unaccompanied by any such parents, adoptive parents, foster parents or guardians—by the supervisor of any such group.
In January 2007, the Federal Law «On Migration Registration of Foreign Nationals and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation» and Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation «On the Approval of Procedures for Migration Registration of Foreign Nationals and Stateless Persons in the Russian Federation» cancelled domiciliary registration or foreign nationals and stateless persons, replacing it by registration of foreign nationals at the place of their stay in the Russian Federation.
- A foreign national or a stateless person shall receive and fill out a migration card form upon arrival. The card contains personal data about the foreign national and helps to monitor the said national’s temporary stay in the Russian Federation, and shall be returned at the passport control upon departure from this country.
- Migration card forms are usually available aboard the aircraft. One may also find them in the arrival halls on special desks prior to the passport control line. We suggest you should fill them out in advance, aboard your plane, to avoid lines at the passport control.
- At the passport control, foreign passengers shall present their passport and filled out migration card form, along with other ID and travel documents. No seizure of the passport and the migration card is allowed.
Migration Card Filling Out Procedure
- Entry (Card «A») and Exit (Card «B») sections of the migration card shall be filled out personally by the owner of the documents eligible for entry to and stay in the Russian Federation in legible handwriting, free of erasures and corrections, using a fountain- or ball-point pen (black, blue or purple ink). Make sure to fill out both parts of the migration card.
- f a foreign national lacks any knowledge of the Russian language, personal data may be written in English as they are spelled in the passport or any other ID. Columns of the migration card shall be filled out in legible print.
- Mark a relevant box with «X» to identify sex and purpose of visit.
Further Migration Registration Procedures
All further migration registration procedures shall be performed by the receiving party, so that the foreign national has no need to turn to any further organization and face a call upon his or her time.
The receiving party may be represented by citizens of the Russian Federation and foreign nationals and/or stateless persons residing in the Russian Federation on a permanent basis (holding residence permits), as well as legal entities, their branches or representative offices, wherein the foreign national de facto resides (stays) or works.
If a foreign national checks in at a hotel, the administration of the latter shall be the receiving party, responsible for notifying the territorial body of Federal Migration Service of the foreign national’s arrival within one (1) day, as well as for performing all necessary procedures related to registration of foreign nationals. As a receiving party, the hotel administration shall also be responsible for compliance with the established rules of residence.
Hotel administration will perform all arrangements necessary for registration of the visitor.
The receiving party shall make a stub of the notice available to the foreign national. The said stub with a relevant marking shall be the proof of the foreign national’s registration with the immigration authorities.
Important Notice: The term of temporary stay of a foreign national in the Russian Federation depends on the validity period of his/her visa.
A foreign national arriving in the Russian Federation in accordance with procedures requiring no visa, is allowed to stay in this country up to ninety (90) days, unless otherwise provided for by applicable laws of the Russian Federation.
A foreign national shall leave the Russian Federation upon the expiry of the permitted term of stay. To extend the visa or term of stay, the visitor shall turn to the migration authorities in advance—prior to the expiry of the term mentioned hereinabove.
The departing foreign national shall return the stub of the notice to the receiving party for submission thereof—either by hand or by mail—to the territorial body of the Federal Migration Service. The receiving party shall return the said stub within two (2) business days following the departure of the foreign national.
Failure to comply with migration registration rules may result in administrative penalties to a sum total of RUR 2,000 to RUR 5,000 and, in certain cases, in expulsion from the Russian Federation. Following administrative expulsion, the foreign national may forfeit his or her right to visit the Russian Federation for a period of up to five (5) years.
Sochi International Airport provides services and possibilities for disabled passengers:
► Boarding (landing) with ambulatory elevator (ambulift). Passengers should apply to the airport medical center before the flight
► Wheelchair and assistance:in first-aid post (medical center) of airport passengers with disabilities may receive advice on the possibility of following air transport, first aid, and the ability to stay in medical center for two hours before departure. Medical assistant helps disabled passenger with the registration, registration of luggage, deliveries in the departure lounge and an aircraft, as well as boarding. Medical assistant (paramedic) also meet passengers with reduced mobility at the arrival
► Special check-in desk: if the passenger wishes to pass their own check-in, he can do it on a separate check-in desk with a special information signs. There is a separate line for people with limited mobility in the preflight control area
► Elevator for disabled individuals and groups designed with Brail characters on buttons
► All levels of airport equipped by bathroom for passengers with disabilities
► Free parking for passengers with reduced mobility
► Terminal is designed by special yellow sing navigation
► Information desk equipped by an induction portable panel for the hearing impaired
► The airport’s information desk boasts induction portable panels for the hearing impaired
► Special yellow sign navigation, installed throughout the terminal, will help visually-impaired passengers to make their way through the building while a wheelchair-friendly elevator with Braille letters on the buttons will make it easy to reach the second floor
► The parking lot has also been redesigned to provide 91 dedicated parking spaces for the disabled. Another six spaces for debarking people with reduced mobility will be located just near the entrance to the terminal
► Disabled passengers can safely and comfortably move from the ambulift to the plane using lightweight aisle chairs. There will be 29 of them what is enough to serve Paralympic athletes on the peak arrivals day.